Looking for a healthy snack? We will take just about any excuse to eat something green! This cilantro, lime and chia seed hummus is a delicious treat when you’re feeling hungry but want to stay healthy.
What you’ll need:
- ½ can of garbanzo beans
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¾ cup of cilantro (including all but the roughest stems)
- 2 scallions, diced
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne
- ½ teaspoon of salt
What to do:
- Blend ingredients together in a food processor or blender.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with tortillas, pita bread or sliced vegetables.
Fact about Greens Plus Chia Seeds: Due to their high fiber content (more than 35%) Greens Plus Chia Seeds have the remarkable ability to absorb ten times their weight in water, making them an excellent source of hydration. Omega3 Chia’s fiber forms a gel that slows the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream, binds it to toxins in the digestive system, and helps eliminate waste.