It’s the day after St. Patrick’s Day and you may have had too much to drink this weekend. You’re probably thinking, “I’m never going to drink again”. We’ve all been there. We’ve all said we’d never go back to that place, but somehow we end up there. Plus, everybody’s Irish on St Patrick’s day!
Curing a hangover is never going to be a quick fix but we can certainly help speed up the drawn out process.
1. Drink plenty of water. Your body is extremely dehydrated and needs to be refueled. The more water you can drink, the better you will rehydrate.
2. Get up and get going. Easier said than done, right? Go outside for some fresh air. I’m not asking you to take a five mile jog, simply walk around for 10 minutes and get your body moving.
3. Take a shower. This will get your skin breathing and improves circulation
4. Take Greens Plus. This will help ease your hangover in three ways:
- First, alcohol is a diuretic that dehydrates and removes electrolytes from the bloodstream. Greens Plus replenishes these important minerals, including calcium, potassium, magnesium and sodium.
- Second, alcohol is broken down in the liver into acetaldehyde using enzymes, which causes the hangover. The quantity of liver enzymes determines the speed of alcohol metabolism. Greens Plus supplies living enzymes, resulting in a less intense hangover.
- Third, over long periods of time, alcohol can damage liver tissue. Silymarin, the active nutrient in Milk Thistle extract, detoxifies the liver and has been shown to repair and regrow liver cells.
Follow these steps and make the day after St. Patties a bit more tolerable.