The amount of GMO foods are rising and it is hard for a consumer to keep up. The following 8 crops are at a high-risk of being GMO because they are currently in commercial production.
- Alfalfa (first planting 2011)
- Canola (approx. 90% of U.S. crop)
- Corn (approx. 88% of U.S. crop in 2011)
- Cotton (approx. 90% of U.S. crop in 2011)
- Papaya (most of Hawaiian crop; approximately 988 acres)
- Soy (approx. 94% of U.S. crop in 2011)
- Sugar Beets (approx. 95% of U.S. crop in 2010)
- Zucchini and Yellow Summer Squash (approx. 25,000 acres)
This information was taken from The Non-GMO Project. For more information go to www.nongmoproject.org.
All Greens Plus products always have and always will be non-GMO.